EFFECTIVE April 2021
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We may collect information from you, such as your name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card number, birthday, gender, content you post, and other related information that you provide to us when placing an order, saving your information, interacting with the Site, joining our mailing list, filling out a retail information card in our stores, or participating in a sweepstakes, promotion, or survey. We collect this information to for the purpose of pursuing our lawful business interests, including to improve our customers’ shopping experience, communicate with our customers about our products, services, and promotions, and to enhance and improve our website and operations based on insights we are able to obtain from your information, such as whether a given Site layout is convenient and accessible. We may use your information to fulfill your order or personalize your shopping experience, including tailored product suggestions, targeted promotions, and special offers. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or undertake our other lawful business interests If you choose not to provide information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services, or information.
We may combine information you give us online, in our stores or through our catalogs in order to better serve you. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with select partners and others. By combining this information, we are better able to communicate with you about our products, services, events and promotions and to personalize your shopping experience; the broader understanding we gain from combining information enables us to more effectively deliver opportunities that lead to customer satisfaction, such as relevant communications, tailored product suggestions, and special offers.
Examples of how we use your information include the following:
PRODUCT AND SERVICE FULFILLMENT, INCLUDING:
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments and returns/exchanges
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services in our stores, on our websites or mobile applications or to otherwise serve you
- Provide services, such as gift registries or shopping lists
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
- Improve your shopping experience
- Communicate with others whose contact information you provide, such as a gift recipient
BUSINESS AND INTERNAL OPERATIONS PURPOSES, INCLUDING:
- Provide consistent, personalized services across all channels
- Direct and personalize our advertising, marketing communications, shopping experiences and promotional offers
- Improve existing and develop new products, brands, services, and technologies
- Organize events, promotions, and in-store experiences
- Enable social sharing
- Allow you to apply for an offer of credit from a provider of such services
- Allow you to enroll and participate in a customer relationship program, such as a rewards program
- Administer and fulfill contests, surveys, focus groups, and promotions
- Learn more about your shopping preferences
PREVENTION OF HARM, INCLUDING:
- Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches and activities that are or potentially may be prohibited or illegal
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and otherwise protect our customers and our business
- Take required or appropriate action to protect the rights, property, safety and security of our customers, employees, and others
LEGAL COMPLIANCE, INCLUDING:
- Respond to legal/regulatory inquiries as we believe to be required by applicable laws or regulatory or administrative authorities
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in certain circumstances, including:
VENDORS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES:
We may authorize vendors and other third-party companies to provide certain services. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services. The services provided include:
- Hosting and operation of the Site and other platforms
- “Powered by” partners for payments and other services
- Processing transactions and payments
- Digital marketing and advertising
SOCIAL SHARING, INCLUDING:
- Logging into, linking with or connecting your customer account with your social media account
- Using your social media account to authorize or verify your customer account
LEGAL OR BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS, INCLUDING:
- Disclosure to comply with the law
- Disclosure to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements
- Facilitating financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or disposal of all or part of our business or assets
- Protecting the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others
- In connection with a sale or merger
SHARED BY YOU, INCLUDING:
- Posting to the Site or other public forums, such as Shiva social media pages, blogs, and online product reviews
- Information you disclose through these services will become public
AT YOUR DISCRETION, INCLUDING:
- At your request
- As described at the point of collection
- With your consent
AUTOMATED INFORMATION COLLECTION
We may collect information about you using automated information collection technologies. Such information may include browser and device information, demographic information and other information provided by you, and aggregated information where we combine your information with the information obtained from other users and other sources. We may use and disclose such information for any lawful purpose.
COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGY
The help function of your browser should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your device to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our features (i.e. you will be able to browse the site, but you will not be able to make a purchase). You can block or control Adobe Flash based collection using the Website Storage Settings Panel and the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions provided (the instructions for blocking or controlling Adobe Flash are provided here for convenience only and they may change).
If you use a mobile device, your device may share location information (when you enable location services) with our websites, mobile applications, services, or our service providers. We may also track and collect usage data, such as the date and time you use a mobile application to access our servers and the specific information accessed, based on your device number or other identifier. We use this information to improve our services, and provide you more relevant and personalized advertisements, services, and promotions. For example, precise geo-location can be used to identify your device’s latitude and longitude or your device’s location capabilities (e.g., GPS or Wi-Fi) to help you find nearby stores.
We may provide in-store technologies to help personalize and improve your shopping experience. These technologies may require the collection of certain information about your mobile device, such as your precise location or MAC address or other device identification information. You may also be able to submit personal details for increased levels of personalization, such as your interests, shopping preferences, and sizing information.
We may collect and use aggregated personal information, which does not personally identify you. For example, we may calculate the percentage of our site users who have a particular zip code. In the course of aggregating data, we may combine third party data with yours and that of other users.
We use our own cookies or that of others to help determine which of our ads are shown to you on other websites.
We work with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our websites in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information over time about your activity on our sites and other sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications. These technologies and the information collected about you may also be used to track your activity across multiple devices.
For more information about these practices and to understand your options including how to opt out of receiving these tailored advertisements, please visit http://www.aboutads.info. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding your privacy and other concerns with your online experience.
Please note that even if you opt-out, these tracking technologies may still collect data and you will still see ads, but they will not be targeted based upon the information collected through these tracking technologies.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe button on the Site or an Unsubscribe link in a promotional email or by sending a request to unsubscribe to our offices via email at email@example.com.
Residents of California have additional rights. Click here to learn more.
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year.
To request a notice, please submit your request to info@ShivaRose.com.
If you are a California resident under 18 years old and a registered user, you can request that we remove content or information that you have posted to our Site or other online services. Note that fulfilment of the request may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal (e.g., if the content or information has been reposted by another user). To request removal of content or information, please email:
830 Brooktree Road Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Some browsers have a do not track feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser do not track signals, but we do provide you the option to opt out of interest-based advertising (IBA). To learn more about IBA or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. Options you select are browser- and device-specific.
ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
In order to keep your personal information accurate and complete, you can access or update some of it in the following ways:
- Review and update your account information, including contact, billing, and shipping information, by logging into your Shiva Rose account
- Email info@ShivaRose.comwith your current contact information and the personal information you would like to access. We will provide you with personal information requested if reasonably available, or will describe the types of personal information we typically collect.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain physical, electronic, contractual, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information. When we or our service partners collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, industry standard methods are used to protect that information. However, you are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Site is not directed toward children under the age of 13. Furthermore, we do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of 13. The children's products that we offer for sale on our Site is intended for purchase by adults only. No one under the age of 13 should provide any personal data on our Site and/or at our stores. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information online, we ask that a parent or guardian email us at info@ShivaRose.com.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
This Site is operated by Shiva Rose from our offices in California, USA, for users in the United States. Information will stored in the United States. Those who choose to access this Site from other countries or territories do so at their own risk and please take note that information we collect from you may be transferred to and processed in the United States where the applicable privacy protections may not be as comprehensive as those of your country of residence or citizenship. By providing us with any information, you consent to your information being transferred to and processed in the United States.
If you have any questions or concerns about privacy-related issues, please contact us by email at info@ShivaRose.com or by First Class mail at Get Address.
Thanks and enjoy the Site.